Alias Caribbean Cosplay Championship Craftsmanship Competition Rules
This competition is a test of Cosplay skill, innovation, and craftsmanship. A performance will not be required from entrants. However a short video of the cosplayer wearing and moving in their costume is required
The competition will be judged by a panel of industry professionals and experts.
The submission deadline for the competition is June 30th 2023. Submissions beyond that time will not be accepted.
Craftsmanship and Construction– The level of workmanship and skill that went into the construction of the costume. In this regard the level of difficulty in conjunction with the execution of that level will be taken into account.
Accuracy to the design provided– The costume must be an accurate depiction of the character chosen. In this regard all competitors must submit detailed images of the character at both the application and final submission stages.
Creativity– Cosplayers will be judged on the use of materials, different techniques etc. and how well they used these materials and skill sets to achieve their final costume
- This competition is open to all Caribbean nationals and/or pets. (Anguilla, Antigua and Barbuda, Aruba, Bahamas, Barbados, Belize, Virgin Islands, British, Bermuda, Cayman Islands, Cuba, Curacao, Columbia, Dominica, Dominican Republic, Grenada, Guadeloupe, Guyana, Haiti, Jamaica, Martinique, Monserrat, Panama, Puerto Rico, Saint Barthelemy, Santa Cruz, San Juan, Saint Kitts and Nevis, Saint Lucia, Saint Martin, Saint Thomas, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Suriname, Trinidad and Tobago, Turks and Caicos Islands, US Virgin Islands United States and Venezuela).
- You will be required to submit a copy of a valid ID upon sign up.
- Entrants of all ages are welcome to participate.
- For entrants under the Age of 18, parents must sign up on their behalf.
- This competition is open to all skill levels and types. Cosplay used in the video can be either premade, commissioned or mass manufactured costumes.
- No Nudity is allowed, costumes must cover appropriate areas of the body.
- Submissions must not be offensive racially, religiously or politically. Ensure to follow all Tiktok guidelines for posting your videos.
- Participants must submit their completed entries online by June 30th 2023.
- Registrations must include clear images of the character you will be portraying with as much details as possible for reference and a description of the character being portrayed.
- In the interest of fairness, if we receive more than 5 entries from any one country the following rule will apply:
- The top 5 entries from said country will be selected as the finalists to represent that country. Our panel of judges will make this selection. This is to ensure that each country gets the same level of representation in the contest. The winners of each category will be selected from these finalists. Any entry not making the finalist selection will still be showcased on the livestream and will still be eligible for the fan favorite vote.
- All participants will be contacted via email after applying to confirm their entry into the competition. This email will contain an invite link to our discord. Once you join the discord please introduce yourself so that you can be added to the contestant channel for all info and updates.
- Any persons wishing to drop out of the competition after sign up and confirmation must inform us as soon as possible upon making that decision.
- In the event that delivery to your country of residence is not possible for whatever reason, we ask that all participants also provide us with a US mailing address for the delivery of prizes (e.g. A skybox ).
- Your entry can be from any medium of your choice. E.g. comics, movies, anime, sci-fi etc.
- Original characters and Fan Art depictions are welcome but sufficient detailed images of said character must be provided for reference.
- All Fan Art depictions must have the permission from the artist to use their art in this competition. Unless you, the participant, are the artist then this rule does not apply and sufficient proof must be provided in your application.
- Costumes must be at least 75% handmade. Accessories such as wigs, necklaces, rings, headbands etc. can be purchased, however the bulk of the costume must be handcrafted by yourself or your team.
- Pre-made, mass manufactured costumes WILL NOT be eligible for the CONTEST (e.g. Those bought online, at a shop or commissioned costumes)
- If it is determined that 25% or more of an item is not made by hand, the item/s will not be included in the judging.
- Costumes submitted for this competition can also be entered in the Tiktok, Performance and Alias Cosplay Visionary Award Categories.
- Costumes that have participated in independent cosplay or costume competitions not associated with ALIAS will only be allowed entry into the Caribbean Cosplay Championships (CCC) at the discretion of ALIAS Entertainment. ( please note that if your costume has won a prize in another contest you will not be allowed to enter)
- The following information will be need to be submitted by June 30th 2023:
- Progress Portfolio: This document will explain to the judges how you created your costume, using work in progress pictures and their associated descriptions. This must be in the form of a PDF (minimum of 5 pages, maximum 20 pages) Guidance on portfolio submissions can be obtained once contestants join our discord.
- Video presentation (minimum 30 seconds and maximum 1 ½ minute ) A video showcase/presentation of you wearing your costume. Presentation must show a full frontal body shot, full back shot and movement in the costume with close ups on details of your costume. THIS VIDEO MUST BE SHOT IN LANDSCAPE FORMAT. This will be the video that will be showcased during the competition live stream.
- Good quality photographs of you wearing the costume. These photos will be used in the competition showcase and galleries. We recommend that at least one of your photos matches the pose in the character reference image that you provided as much as is practical. We also recommend that your photos be high res and landscape in orientation, for optimal viewing on the livestream.
- Permission is granted for ALIAS Entertainment to use all photographs and videos submitted for future promotions.
- The organizers reserve the right to modify these rules and regulations at any time, and participants agree to abide by any changes. The organizers also reserve the right to disqualify any participant who does not follow these rules or who violates any laws or regulations
- Any disputes or concerns regarding the competition or these rules must be brought to the attention of the organizers in writing. The organizers will make every effort to resolve any issues in a fair and timely manner.