Alias Caribbean Cosplay Championship Performance Competition Rules
- This category is strictly for cosplayers who wish to be judged on stage performance. (e.g. Lip-synching, dancing, acting, comedy etc.)
- Costume craftsmanship will not be judged in this category. Purchased, commissioned and previously entered contest costumes are allowed.
- You can perform by yourself, as a team or as a group.
- Your time limit is 1min 30 seconds. However your performance must be at least 30 seconds long.
- Character portrayal – Points will be awarded to how well your character portrayal is.
- Entertainment Value – Points will be awarded to how entertaining your performance is written and portrayed
- Performance Innovativeness and Quality – Points will be awarded to unique and innovative ways your performance is presented.
- This competition is an in person competition, which will be held on Sunday 30th July, 2023 at Alias Entertainment Expo. And is open to all Caribbean convention attendees.
- Participants must be signed up online by the 30th June, 2023.
- Entrants of all ages are welcome to participate.
- For entrants under the Age of 18, parents must sign up on their behalf and accompany them on the day of the competition.
- This competition is open to all skill levels and types.
- All Cosplay costumes are allowed. This includes premade, mass manufactured and commissioned costumes )
- Performances can be chosen from any entertainment medium of your choice. E.g. comics, movies, anime, sci-fi etc.
- This competition is open to group performances. A maximum of 5 persons per group is allowed per entry.
- All performance audio must be pre-recorded, including all dialogue, music, and sound effects. Audio tracks must be submitted by the deadline regardless of when the application was filled out.
- Jumping on or off the stage is not permitted in your performances.
- No Adult content, profanity or suggestive body language is allowed.
- No Nudity, costumes must cover appropriate areas of the body.
- Excessive blood and gore are not allowed and no residue of any kind is allowed on the stage.
- Submissions must not be offensive racially, religiously or politically. Your performance should be suitable for an audience of all ages.
- Registrations must include a clear image of the character/s you or your group will be portraying and a detailed description of the performance you will portraying.
- All participants will be contacted via email confirming their entry into the competition. Any persons wishing to drop out of the competition after sign up and confirmation must inform us as soon as possible upon making that decision but no later than July 28th 2023.
- The organizers reserve the right to modify these rules and regulations at any time, and participants agree to abide by any changes. The organizers also reserve the right to disqualify any participant who does not follow these rules or who violates any laws or regulations.
- Any disputes or concerns regarding the competition or these rules must be brought to the attention of the organizers in writing. The organizers will make every effort to resolve any issues in a fair and timely manner.
Guidelines for props
- Metal weapons or props.
- Projectiles, messy and pyrotechnics. E.g. Liquids, confetti, firecrackers, scratch bombs, fun snaps, smoke bombs, nerf darts, working bows, real fire arms.
Restricted Items (permitted but limitations at the discretion of management)
- Props made from wood, cardboard, Styrofoam, rubber or other craft material.
- Large props and costumes, regardless of construction material
- Props that fall under the “restricted: category, which management feel will provide a risk to attendees, but will form an integral part of the performance or is beautifully crafted etc. Could be allowed in. However stored until the contestant needs it for a photography session, competition or masquerade. We endeavour to be as understanding as possible.
- Misusing props or engaging in dangerous behaviour (e.g. swinging it around, sparring, etc.) Is the fastest way to lose the privilege of carrying it at all.
- All props are subject to review by management and we reserve the full discretion for confiscation.